Friday, April 6, 2007

Two Cents & Five Questions With...



... Todd Judson, Script Coordinator



This Sunday, "The Sopranos" returns for their final new season on HBO.

While the world is waiting to see what will happen with Tony and the "family" Todd Judson took some time out of his very busy job to give us his Two Cents & Five Answers and shed some light on a job BEHIND the scenes at "The Sopranos".

Two Cents: Please tell the Two Cents readers a little about yourself and what you do on "The Sopranos".
Todd Judson: I went to Western CT State and majored in theatre with a focus on acting. I've always been interested in film but after graduation I bounced around aimlessly for awhile. Then in 2001 I decided thats it I'm moving to NYC and I'm really going to give the acting thing a shot. Unfortunatly it didn't pan out that way and I've been working behind the scenes since.
Primary duties on the Sopranos are: Getting scripts and all revisions to actors and crew, and compiling credits which includes placement of actors according to contract language and all the other stuff that goes into what you see with the opening credits before the show starts, actor cards and the crew credit roll at the end of the show. Those are the 2 primary duties and there are all kinds of smaller ones that are too boring to go into.

TC: How did you get started in the entertainment field?
TJ: I got started as a Production Office P.A. doing a few days of work on A Beautiful Mind. From there I went on to The Emperor's Club, Sex and The City and others. A friend of mine recommended me for The Emperors Club but that wasn't starting for a few a week so the person that hired me on Emperors Club recommended me for the additional P.A. slot on Beautiful Mind. It was all about the recommendation from people I work with. It's fairly hard to get a foot in the door by just cold calling it really is all about knowing someone.

TC: What fun websites do you visit for your own entertainment?
TJ: The main websites are IMBD, Playbill, Variety, IBDB, mainly its all film or theatre related websites. Oh and Youtube.

TC: What is your dream job in the 'biz'?
TJ: I have no idea what my dream job is anymore. The fact is film production is pretty gruelling work. 12-14 hour days are the norm so when your working it doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. But things can also change very fast-1day your a P.A. the next you have a film in development, so who knows

TC: What fad did you totally buy in to?
TJ: I can't think of any fads I've bought into. I'm sure there have been a few. I had a mullet once. Thats embarassing enough for 6 fads.

* TWO CENTS BONUS QUESION*
TC: If someone were to climb off a desert island and only have time to watch five movies to learn what American cinema is all about, what five movies would you show them?
TJ: Tough question. This will change as soon as I [answer] this. Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Chinatown, The Searchers, Raging Bull.

Many many thanks to Todd for taking his time out and sharing with us! Watch The Sopranos every Sunday, starting this weekend, on HBO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheTwoCents Comments Policy