Survivor: Micronesia, Fans vs. Favorites
“Like a Wide-Eyed Kid in the Candy Store”
March 19, 2008 (One day early due to the madness of March Madness)
Rachel – Two Cents Staff Writer
The Top 13 Things I Learned About the Castaways of Survivor: Micronesia
1. Alexis [Airai] didn’t really stick out much this episode. Never does.
2. Amanda [Malakal], when confronted with the possibility of voting Ozzy out, said exactly what was in my head: “There goes that relationship.”
3. Ami [Malakal] almost jumps ship when she conspires with Jason and Tracy to vote out Ozzy.
4. Cirie [Malakal] was asked to help move the Malakal boat to a different beach and complained the whole time, stating that she would never help again. That’s a stupendous attitude to have on Survivor, Cirie (Rachel typed with a great amount of sarcasm)!
5. Eliza [Airai], with the help of Jason, brought her tribe from behind in the Immunity Challenge to win. Who knew?
6. Erik [Malakal] learned how to climb a coconut tree at the foot (literally) of the master, Ozzy, whom he idolizes.
7. James [Airai] was disgusted with all the complaining going on in his camp and shared in my question: “Have these people ever SEEN this show?”
8. Jason [Airai] is sent to Exile Island but we don’t see any footage because…
9. Kathy [Airai] calls it quits. She said she “couldn’t feel her family” and I can’t fault her for that. Well, maybe a little.
10. Natalie [Airai] didn’t participate in the Reward Challenge. That’s it.
11. Ozzy [Malakal], when called out as controlling the tribe, simply stated that he does what has to be done. So true.
12. Parvati [Airai] tried to talk Kathy down, but spent most of the time looking at Kathy like she was a nut-job.
13. Tracy [Malakal] was sent to Exile Island (forfeiting the reward from the challenge) and then got sent home. I guess she didn’t have enough time to scheme. Thank goodness.