Friday, May 11, 2007

TV by KP... "The King of Queens" Series Finale

I watched an advance copy of the series finale of "The King of Queens" last night and it was like saying goodbye to an old friend who is moving away for good.

Sure, I'll have the memories (in repeats at least four times a day in my neck of the woods) but it's just not the same.

If you haven't been watching the show this season, you've missed out. But I must say, the show has taken a bit of a more serious route this season with friction in the marriage of Doug (Kevin James) and Carrie (Leah Remini).

This episode is meant to tie everything up. What will happen with Doug and Carrie? How will Arthur's (Jerry Stiller) wedding go? What about Spence and Danny and Deacon and the rest of the gang?

A lot of the actors from King of Queens Past show up like Lou Ferrigno (Himself) and Kelly (Merrin Dungey) and Holly (Nicole Sullivan). It's good to see familiar faces all together. However, I do have to let out a spoiler... Deacon and Kelly's kids (Major and Kirby) aren't there! I was looking for them!

The hour long episode, entitled "China Syndrome Part 1 and 2" had a bunch of laughs and some real serious moments. As the show ended, with a nice little send off you'll need to watch for yourselves, I felt sad inside. Sure, this was never a ratings king, it was never a MUST SEE comedy and who knows where it fits among the list of sitcom giants, but I really enjoyed watching the life of Doug and Carrie and I'll miss not knowing what comes next.

The last episode in the nine year life of "The King of Queens" airs Monday May 14 at 9:00pm EST on CBS.

*NEW* Episode Recap and Music Info

KP Grade: A

1 comment:

  1. Normally I am not a huge fan of the classic laugh-track style of sitcom but I am IN LOVE with this show. I think I'm gonna end up crying tommorrow, watching the finale. Thankfully I wasn't so much into it before so the show will live on as I catch up through repeats.

    ReplyDelete

TheTwoCents Comments Policy