Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Saying Goodbye to ER

I've been with ER from the beginning, and can hardly believe there is only one episode left (this Thursday, April 2nd, on NBC). It has been such a huge part of my life for so long... I even visited the set the last time I was in Los Angeles (see the picture to the left).

Here is quick (and highly abbreviated) list of my reactions to a handful of moments in the series: I cheered when Carol went to Seattle, I called my mom when Lucy and Carter got stabbed, I shrieked when Rocket Romano's arm got chopped off by a helicopter, I cried like a baby when Mark died in Hawaii, I threw a pillow at the TV when Abby cheated on Luka, and I looked away from the screen every time someone projectile-vomited (which was, by my reckoning, every freakin' episode).

"Dear ER: I will miss you. You've made me laugh, cry, scream, and dry heave. No other show has quite achieved every color in my emotional rainbow... I thank you for the ride. Heart, Rachel"

Please leave your farewell messages to the staff of County General in the comment section below. It is truly the end of an era.

-Rachel, TwoCents Sr. Managing Editor

2 comments:

  1. Romano must have pissed off helicopters in his past life or something ~ his arm got chopped off by one & then when the helicopter FELL OFF THE ROOF - who did it land on? Yep yep. It squished him like a bug.

    That may have been the most inventive way I've ever seen them kill off a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... SO appropriate!

    ReplyDelete

TheTwoCents Comments Policy