Friday, February 20, 2009

Americal Idol First 3 Finalist Speak Out

Patricia Morris Buckley – TwoCents Associate Staff Writer
pmb@thetwocentscorp.com

Today, the top three vote getters in the first round of American Idol’s semifinals had their initial press interviews. We’ll have complete interviews with Danny Gokey, Alexis Grace and Michael Sarver on Friday. Until then, check out these interesting snippets:

ALEXIS GRACE:

“There’s a lot of time that we stand around and wait, so we play board games. Scrabble and Scattergories are my favorites.”

“I’m 99 pounds and 4 feet, 11 3/4 inches tall.”

“My Dad and I are in a band back home, so this is an amazing moment to share with him.”

MICHAEL SARVER:

“Yes, I think Simon saying people should vote for me helped.” He later added that being blue collar in this economic climate helped as well with the voters.

“The on-air time before was an advantage. You can’t deny that extra exposure helps. It got people a little closer to me.”

“Danny and I pray together.” [They are both church worship leaders]

DANNY GOKEY

[Responding to the attention about his wife’s death] “It’s only been seven months since she passed. This is a sob story I don’t want, but it’s shaping my life. I apologize to everyone if they think it’s been pushed into their faces, but it’s who I am.”

“My whole family of eight all sang together in church with my father on the guitar.”

“Yes, I do feel like I was highlighted, there’s no getting around that. I’m grateful they do that, but I have no control over it.”

[photo: FOX]

1 comment:

  1. I stopped watching once they picked the final 36, but if Gokey doesn't win this thing -- with the way they are editing this show this season -- I'll be SHOCKED.

    ReplyDelete

TheTwoCents Comments Policy