Thursday, September 27, 2007

Two Cents & Five Questions With...

... Angela Kinsey, Actress

The day has finally arrived. It seems like an eternity since we last were watching new footage of our friends at Dunder Mifflin in Scranton! Today, the wait ends. We will know what happens to Jim and Pam, Michael and Jan, and Dwight and Angela!

Oh, speaking of Angela, the one and only Angela Kinsey spent some time to share her TwoCents and Five Answers with us!!

Angela has appeared everywhere since the show began, from guesting on "Thank God You're Here" to numerous appearances on talk shows, internet specials, Emmy broadcasts, and movie appearances! She's everywhere and we consider ourselves fortunate to include TheTwoCents on that list of Angela Kinsey sightings!

Enjoy!

TwoCents: Could you tell the TwoCents readers what path led you to "The Office"?
Angela Kinsey: My path to The Office was a long and random one which makes it that much sweeter now. I lived in New York before moving out to Los Angeles. I had been interning on Conan O'Brien and taking acting classes at HB Studios. I didn't know a single person in Los Angeles. It was pretty daunting but so exciting. Ten years later I got The Office! Years of auditioning, performing improv and sketch comedy, taking classes and just never giving up. It wasn't easy but every step led me here.

TC: Different from many other shows on TV, "The Office" tends to really focus on so many different characters and the fans love every single one of them. What's it like to be one of such a great ensemble?
AK: It is so rewarding. It feels like this amazing creative family. I get such joy when Phyllis makes us laugh or Creed makes us cringe. Everyone brings something so unique. I can't imagine the show without each person adding their talent and energy to fill out the world that is Dunder Mifflin. I am honored to show up to work every day with these folks. It's like a masters comedy class every single day!

TC: You've always been one of the members of "The Office" family who has been very accessible to fans over the internet. What is it about that interaction that makes it so special for you?
AK: The personal connection with the fans of the show is really gratifying. Any time you love what you do, no matter what that is, it's great! The fact that others get to enjoy it--well, that's icing on the cake.

TC: What websites do you visit for your own entertainment?
AK: Oscar loves watching clips on You Tube and I sit next to him so he's always showing me stuff. I get all of my "Office" news from officetally.com. Seriously that site rocks. I like to see what's going on in world news and I know this is random but I love sports clips.

TC: What sites do you think Angela Martin would visit?
AK: Angela Martin, well I assume that she thinks the internet is dangerous and a highly inappropriate way of spending free time. You know, the devil's playground and all.

*TWO CENTS BONUS QUESTION*
TC: If someone were to climb off a desert island and only have time to watch five movies to learn what American cinema is all about, what five movies would you show them?
AK: The Godfather (nuff said), Roman Holiday (because I'm a romantic), The Matrix (because of the special effects and the story is awesome), True Romance (just because I like it) and Pride and Prejudice (again a romantic). Of course, you should know that this list could change within the hour so I better leave it at that.

We can't thank Angela enough for spending some time with us to share her TwoCents! Watch Angela and the rest of the gang tonight as Season 4 of "The Office" Premieres with an one-hour episode at 9PM EST on NBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheTwoCents Comments Policy