Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Two Cents & Five Questions With...




... Gus Company, Musicians. Part One!





In a departure from our normal Two Cents & Five Questions, we're going to do this one in multiple parts!

Gus Company is a local Los Angeles area band that will release its self-titled debut CD this Thursday evening at a CD release party at The Knitting Factory in Hollywood.

If you like the song currently playing on TheTwoCents' MySpace page - that's Gus Company! You can hear a handful of their original tracks on the band's MySpace page!

In part one of their interview, we get Two Cents & Five Answers from the band's drummer, T Taddeo.

Two Cents: Please tell the Two Cents about yourself and how you found your passion for music.
T Taddeo: I don't know if I found music as opposed to music finding me. It has been something in my life that has just always been there from the beginning. My mom told me that even before I could talk I would scream and move around when she would play James Brown. Both my father and my mother were huge influences on me with the style of music they would play in the house and car and so forth as we were growing up. From Stevie Wonder, The Commodores and Earth Wind and Fire to Bozz Scaggs, Ricky Lee Jones and ZZTop. I love it all now, and I thank them for it!

TC: Your new CD "Gus Company" goes out to the masses this Thursday night, what's going on in your mind about this enormous step for the band?
TT: What I think about most as we get ready to release this music is acceptance and appreciation. Jon is an incredible song writer and lyricist and to reach out and touch someone with your music is simply amazing. We all know it, because hopefully everyone has experienced that through the music they love to listen to. So, if we can really touch someone with the music we play, I'll be stoked! Acceptance and appreciation....that's it.

TC: If you could go back in time and have been responsible for a recording a song that is now legend, which song would it be?
TT: I can only pick one huh? Well, it would have to be "Doin' it to Death" by the J.B.'s.........or maybe "Funky Cold Medina".

TC: What fun websites do you visit for your own entertainment?
TT: theusualsuspects.us.....cuz I'm a gaming geek! 50mmLosAngeles.....cuz urban hieroglyphics is the shiii....! Drummeworld.....cuz I love da drums! Factory13 Experimental Skateboards......cuz it's in my blood!

TC: What is your Utopian idea of where Gus Company goes from here?
TT: That's easy. All over the world. Sharing the wonderful experience that playing and listening to music has to offer!

*Two Cents Bonus Question*
TC: If someone were to climb off a desert island and only have time to watch five movies to learn what American cinema is all about, what five movies would you show them?
TT: This ones tough. I'm not a movie buff or historian, so I'm not sure, myself, what American Cinema is all about. But, if American Cinema is supposed to reflect American life, then I would have to run it down like this:
"Roots" and "American History X"- shows the history and present ugliness that this country still possesses
"Arthur"- America the rich. But, this story shows you that money means nothing. True love, family and friends is the key to happiness.
"Big Fish"- It's ok to dream, live big and have and have a huge imagination, but have faith and trust the ones you love.
"Smokey and the Bandit"- America's motto: "keep the wheels spinnin' and the beavers grinnin'!"

Thanks to T for starting off this week's multi-part Two Cents & Five Questions With!! Be sure to check out Gus Company's show Thursday night, visit their MySpace page and let them know you read about it here at TheTwoCents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheTwoCents Comments Policy