Friday, April 6, 2007

Get Him A Bodybag Johnny! Yeahhhh!!

I found this video a while back, before The Two Cents debuted, and finally found it again.

If you grew up in the 80s, you know every word to The Karate Kid. Well, this band, No More Kings has recorded a song called "Sweep the Leg Johnny".

That should be cool enough right? Wrong! They made a music video/movie and it was directed by William Zabka who played Johnny!

Cool enough? Nope, not finished yet! Zabka is in it, he has his Cobra Kai buddies (they look OLD) with him and look for a few other cameos too.

This video is hilarious, the song is catchy, wow, it's a good time. Now I just have to remember to purchase the song from itunes so I can rock out in the car while singing lines like:

"I was a superhero. King of 1985. I showed no mercy. I was always Cobra Kai! But I caught a crane-kick to the head..."

3 comments:

  1. i hated that video. I can't believe i sat through the whole thing. Yeah they found all the original people. I bet it wasn't that hard. Where were the jokes? What actually made it funny. The fact they made a song about Johnny winning the tournament? I think you have to work a little hardedr then that. The first time i heard about this vodeo they said it was a goof. I don't think so. The guy who made it thought it was funny, but that doesn't mean it is. I can say from watching it he wants you to take his musical ability seriously. You want funny music look up Jonathan Coulton's Re:Your Brains or Tom Cruise is Crazy. This guy is hack and the video stinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fort those of us old enough to remember the movie???

    Funny, maybe a little long but fun and funny.

    ReplyDelete

TheTwoCents Comments Policy