Wednesday, April 23, 2003

TwoCents On...

... Victoria - TwoCents Reviewer

Victoria joined TheTwoCents as a Reviewer in early 2008.

Victoria currently covers: Friday Night Lights, Private Practice, Two and a Half Men

Click here to read Victoria's stories


You can email Victoria at Victoria@thetwocentscorp.com

I have an obsessive love affair with television. When I am at home, it’s on every hour I am awake. I skipped school so I could watch Bo and Hope’s Days of our Lives wedding when I was a kid. I had my sister video tape 90210 every week and mail it to me from New York because it wasn’t available in Canada at the time. I stole a cable connection and wired it into my dorm room in college. When I won a “pay your bills contest” from a local radio station, the first thing I bought with my newly paid off credit card was a bigger TV.

I still mourn the untimely death of Sports Night. I believe Joss Whedon, Shonda Rhimes and Jason Katims are TV Gods who should be worshiped daily. I’ve always defended television to people who call it the “idiot box” or the “boob tube” because I honestly think that there are shows on TV that are as brilliant, moving and epic as any Oscar winning movie. And when I run into people who proudly declare that they don’t watch TV, I think less of them.

I’m a stand up comic and a freelance writer but my dream job is to become a TV writer. I split my time between Los Angeles, California and Vancouver, Canada. I own a badass Chihuahua named Gus (his favourite show is Supernatural. He’s got a thing for demons).

Top 5 Favorite TV Shows ALL Time:
Friday Night Lights
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Sports Night
Angel
Family Ties

Top 5 Favorite TV Characters ALL Time:
Lindsey Macdonald (Angel)
Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Eric Taylor (Friday Night Lights)
Dean (Supernatural)
Brian Kinney (Queer as Folk)

Top 5 Favorite TV Theme Songs ALL Time:
Miami Vice
Friends
Sopranos
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Roswell

No comments:

Post a Comment

TheTwoCents Comments Policy