20 Years of the police trying to question some crazy guy without a shirt!
Since the pioneering reality series debuted in 1989, COPS has cemented its place in history as one of the longest-running primetime entertainment programs. The 20th season premieres with back-to-back episodes on Saturday, Sept. 8 (8:00-8:30 PM and 8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT), and a commemorative one-hour special, COPS: 20 YEARS…CAUGHT ON TAPE, airs Saturday, Sept. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
This one-hour special will feature classic COPS car chases, super-inebriated suspects, sizzling Tasers, disheartening domestics, problematic perps and gutsy officers from coast to coast. Highlights include:
• Officers in Fresno, CA, question a stony suspect claiming he’s not driving under the influence despite the joint visibly tucked behind his ear.
• In Albuquerque, NM, a male cross-dresser wearing a leopard one-piece is questioned.
• In Buffalo, NY, officers wrestle with a massive and hungry python hiding inside a residence.
• A suspect in Kansas City, MO, is so intoxicated when gets out from behind the wheel, he stumbles and lands a painful face plant.
• In a heroic rescue in Passaic County, NJ, officers save a man from danger in a raging river.
COPS will hit its milestone 700th episode on Saturday, Nov. 10. The series has filmed in over 140 U.S. cities and witnessed over 2,000 suspects arrested. Meanwhile, it has triumphed over many imitators while inspiring a satirical cable series and a feature film.
John Langley is the creator and executive producer of COPS for Langley Productions, Inc. in association with FTS. COPS is currently syndicated to more than 90 percent of the country.
[image courtest of FOX]